MantisBT - v1.2 Release (Closed)
View Issue Details
0000245v1.2 Release (Closed)[All Projects] Generalpublic2009-09-09 06:592009-12-08 19:10
Reporterlaussetdelon 
Assigned Topedroa 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version1.2 
Summary0000245: UTF8 handling errors
DescriptionI've noticed several place where UTF8 id not correctly handled (French)

- Assignees field in calendar tooltips
- In reports (PDF or html)
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Filesjpg tooltip.jpg (111,594) 1969-12-31 16:00
https://bugs.web2project.net/file_download.php?file_id=54&type=bug
jpg

jpg coming task - pdf.jpg (35,995) 1969-12-31 16:00
https://bugs.web2project.net/file_download.php?file_id=55&type=bug
jpg

jpg calendar.jpg (29,383) 1969-12-31 16:00
https://bugs.web2project.net/file_download.php?file_id=56&type=bug
jpg

Notes
(0000429)
laussetdelon   
2009-09-09 15:53   
Same thing in the calendar used to choose a date (in task for exemple). see pic attached
(0000471)
caseydk   
2009-09-10 09:05   
Could you upgrade to v1.1 (released today) and see if these issues are still present? We did quite a bit of cleanup on the utf-8 side of things.

Thanks.
(0000472)
laussetdelon   
2009-09-11 03:07   
(Last edited: 2009-09-14 14:29)
I installed and tested but UTF8 problem described are still in
User name in French (ie S├ębastien ...) still not correctly displayed in calendar tooltip

(0000489)
laussetdelon   
2009-09-15 06:51   
Corrected for tooltips

in /modules/calendar/links_task.php

line 154,

replace $tt .= $user;
by $tt .= utf8_decode($user);
(0000490)
pedroa   
2009-09-17 08:38   
Hi laussetdelon,

1st) Tooltips:
Thanks for your patch, but that's not the right way of fixing this.
The problems is really on mysqls side.
You see, that piece of information is gathered on mysql side as a concatenation, and when mysql concatenates the first and last name of the contact and then the percent of assignment and the % sign, it gets confused with the encoding and sends the data badly encoded.
Basically, I made it so it retrieves the data in two separate fields and then have PHP do the concatenation.
That way we don't go the utf_decode way, which can be a pain later on.

2nd pop-up Calendars:
I have updated the lib/jscalendar/lang/ files so they now are UTF-8 ready.

3rd PDFs) The reports module will be upgraded to something new, so I'll just forget about this right now. We may get back to it, once the reports are converted.

Thanks for reporting,

Pedro A.

Issue History
2009-09-09 06:59laussetdelonNew Issue
2009-09-09 15:45laussetdelonFile Added: tooltip.jpg
2009-09-09 15:48laussetdelonFile Added: coming task - pdf.jpg
2009-09-09 15:53laussetdelonFile Added: calendar.jpg
2009-09-09 15:53laussetdelonNote Added: 0000429
2009-09-10 09:05caseydkNote Added: 0000471
2009-09-10 09:05caseydkStatusnew => feedback
2009-09-11 03:07laussetdelonNote Added: 0000472
2009-09-14 14:29laussetdelonNote Edited: 0000472
2009-09-15 06:51laussetdelonNote Added: 0000489
2009-09-15 09:04caseydkProjectPending Requests => v1.2 Release (Closed)
2009-09-17 08:38pedroaStatusfeedback => resolved
2009-09-17 08:38pedroaResolutionopen => fixed
2009-09-17 08:38pedroaAssigned To => pedroa
2009-09-17 08:38pedroaNote Added: 0000490
2009-12-08 19:10caseydkStatusresolved => closed
2009-12-08 19:10caseydkFixed in Version => 1.2