|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001022||v3.0 Release||[All Projects] General||public||2011-11-29 22:40||2013-08-28 11:22|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||3.0.0|
|Summary||0001022: Wrong start date when checking "Set task start date based on dependency" (timezone related?)|
|Description||My System has a default timezone of UTC+1 (Europe/Berlin), all users are in that timezone, too.|
When I create a task depending on another and let the system chose the start date, it starts an hour early. E.g.:
Task A : 11/30/2011 08:00 to 11/30/2011 10:00
Task B : 11/30/2011 09:00 to 11/30/2011 11:00
|Additional Information||I was suspecting the system to fetch the end date of A out of the DB and convert it to UTC a second time, but this is of course a wild guess.|
My installation behaves as expected when I set system and user timezone to Europe/London (no UTC offset), It shows the same error when I set system to UTC and user to utc+1
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I attempted to fix this in this pull request:
Unfortunately my brain failed me today when i attempted to verify if the issue was gone. If you are still around could you test the patch and see if it helps?
yes I'm still around and I'm really thankful for your reply an the patch, which seems to be working. My task now starts on it's predecessor's end instead an hour eary.
Unfortunately, everything is displayed an hour early in the tasks overviews now. When I enter a task lasting from 9 to 17, it will be shown with 8 and 16 as start and end time.
I can not rule out the possibility of this behaviour having a different origin: i stopped using w2p because of the bug and had to reanimate and update it for testing your patch. There might have been other things happening, too.
Tanks for a quick reply!
I am looking into this, and unfortunately a lot of the tasks system seem not to care about time zones... Also the tasks module is a bit messy so finding all the values, or where to edit them is not very easy...
I've added a commit to the previously mentioned branch where formatting should depend on the users timezone instead of using raw database values...
Fixed as described with one tweak:
Additional Tweak: https://github.com/caseysoftware/web2project/commit/8cebcb6f030f492eb6bb53b61aed7456f41526a5
|2011-11-29 22:40||TimK||New Issue|
|2012-04-27 03:53||Korkonius||Note Added: 0002509|
|2012-04-27 05:21||TimK||Note Added: 0002510|
|2012-04-27 05:52||Korkonius||Note Added: 0002511|
|2012-05-27 17:31||caseydk||Note Added: 0002536|
|2012-05-27 17:31||caseydk||Status||new => resolved|
|2012-05-27 17:31||caseydk||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2012-05-27 17:31||caseydk||Assigned To||=> caseydk|
|2013-08-28 11:14||caseydk||Fixed in Version||=> 3.0.0|
|2013-08-28 11:22||caseydk||Status||resolved => closed|