Anonymous Login
2019-08-20 15:28 PDT

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001055v3.2 ReleaseReportspublic2014-07-16 21:28
Reporterjrhall 
Assigned Tocaseydk 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilitysometimes
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Target Version3.2Fixed in Version3.2 
Summary0001055: Task List Report sorting error
DescriptionWhen requesting a task list report, one parent task is appearing at the bottom of the list of its child tasks. This causes the first child to appear to be a child of the wrong task.

I have attempted changing capitalization, updating the parent task, adjusting task status, etc., but am unable to reproduce the error with another task.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
has duplicate 0001464closedcaseydk Pending Requests tasklist orders by date, not parent/date 
+Relationships

-Notes

~0002486

robertbasic (developer)

jrhall, could you please mark/write down somehow what should be the correct order of the tasks?

thanks!

~0002491

jrhall (reporter)

robertbasic,

I've attached another image ("Report - Task List - Bad Sort - follow-up.png") that shows a little more detail. ...Not sure why I didn't use this image in the first place.

The task "SELECT DATES AND VENUES" is the parent task for the other two tasks in the "On Campus Trainings" project. It should, in theory, appear before either of the other child tasks "DATES AND VENUE COMPLETION" and "Determine Blackout Dates for TSC REED" - that would also match with the visual hierarchy that it's trying to draw.

In doing some more checking just now, I realized that "DATES AND VENUE COMPLETION" was a milestone. However, when I convert it to a regular task, the problem persists.

Also interesting - the sort order matches the order in which they are appearing in the unsorted "tasks" database table, once you account for the initial grouping by project. Since the application is still in the pre-use phase on our end with nothing but testing tasks, I'll also upload a CSV of my tasks table in case that's of any help.

~0002671

caseydk (administrator)

The key to reproducing this one is having sub and dynamic tasks along with others that overlap. Depending on their dates, they can easily come up out of order.

Since this is just annoying and only exists in the Reporting, I'm going to move this to Post-v3.0 development.

~0003277

caseydk (administrator)

This was resolved in v3.2 development. Latest tweak is here:
https://github.com/web2project/web2project/commit/0bd0436d6a760be84c2ceeeaf7b90b325de24393
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2012-02-10 11:25 jrhall New Issue
2012-02-10 11:25 jrhall File Added: Report - Task List - Bad Sort.png
2012-04-20 05:18 robertbasic Note Added: 0002486
2012-04-20 13:10 jrhall File Added: Report - Task List - Bad Sort - follow-up.png
2012-04-20 13:23 jrhall Note Added: 0002491
2012-04-20 13:23 jrhall File Added: tasks.csv
2012-04-21 19:07 caseydk Project v2.4 Release (Closed) => v3.0 Release
2012-08-07 21:10 caseydk Status new => assigned
2012-08-07 21:10 caseydk Assigned To => caseydk
2012-10-28 17:50 caseydk Reproducibility unable to reproduce => sometimes
2012-10-28 17:50 caseydk Product Version 2.4 =>
2012-10-28 17:53 caseydk Note Added: 0002671
2012-10-28 17:53 caseydk Project v3.0 Release => Pending Requests
2014-02-27 00:29 caseydk Relationship added has duplicate 0001464
2014-02-27 00:29 caseydk Project Pending Requests => v3.2 Release
2014-03-13 22:17 caseydk Target Version => 3.2
2014-03-30 21:57 caseydk Note Added: 0003277
2014-03-30 21:57 caseydk Status assigned => resolved
2014-03-30 21:57 caseydk Resolution open => fixed
2014-04-05 17:30 caseydk Category General => Reports
2014-07-16 21:26 caseydk Fixed in Version => 3.2
2014-07-16 21:28 caseydk Status resolved => closed
+Issue History