|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001101||v3.0 Release||[All Projects] General||public||2012-03-20 06:47||2013-08-28 11:18|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||3.0.0|
|Summary||0001101: Cannot assign a department to a user|
|Description||In the User Admin page, I edit a user. In the Edit User page, I click on the "select dept." button. A window "Select Department" appears, containing the departments of my company (see attached image). I click on a department, nothing happens. There is no "Select" button. I can only click on [none] or the Cancel button.|
Note that I can however assign a department for that user if I edit the Contact information of that user. In that case the "Select Department" windows works fine, the "Select" button is there, and I can select a department. Curiously, I cannot remove an already assigned department in that window. I must go in the "Select Department" window called from the Edit User page to do that, by clicking "[nono]" in the list of departments.
Note that this behavior (first paragraph) also appears in the View Role page, when I try to add a permission for a given department ("Add permissions window, module Department, and "..." button to select a department).
|Additional Information||Web2Project installed on a Windows Server 2003 Std ed., WampServer version 2.0 (Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.3.0, MySQL 5.1.36)|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I've tested to see if I could reproduce this, and using the latest SVN/GitHub build (Gh commit: 774900b27c) I've been unsuccessful in reproducing the problem using IE9, Chrome 19, FF 12 or Opera 11.64.
The output of the JS console in your browser should hopefully tell you what the problem is an help us solve it...
Thank you Korkonius, your hint allowed me to solve the problem. After clicking on a department in the "Select Department" window, I saw this error in the JScript log:
Erreur : missing ) after argument list
Ligne : 1, Colonne : 22
Code Source :
setClose('1','École d'optométrie: Ingénierie biomédical');
with an arrow pointing the letter "o" in the word "optometrie". So I concluded that the problem was caused bye the apostrophe character in the company name. I modified the company name to remove that character, and the problem was solved.
Thank you very much!
|This is already resolved in the v3.0 development branch|
|2012-03-20 06:47||melillo||New Issue|
|2012-03-20 06:47||melillo||File Added: department_bug.jpg|
|2012-04-21 19:07||caseydk||Project||v2.4 Release (Closed) => v3.0 Release|
|2012-05-19 04:09||Korkonius||Note Added: 0002528|
|2012-05-19 04:30||Korkonius||Note Added: 0002529|
|2012-05-22 07:10||melillo||Note Added: 0002530|
|2012-07-16 22:36||caseydk||Note Added: 0002601|
|2012-07-16 22:36||caseydk||Status||new => resolved|
|2012-07-16 22:36||caseydk||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2012-07-16 22:36||caseydk||Assigned To||=> caseydk|
|2013-08-28 11:14||caseydk||Fixed in Version||=> 3.0.0|
|2013-08-28 11:18||caseydk||Status||resolved => closed|