Anonymous Login
2019-02-21 15:46 PST

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0001290v3.0 Release[All Projects] Generalpublic2013-08-28 11:17
Reportersimonnzg 
Assigned Tocaseydk 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version3.0.0 
Summary0001290: Most contacts not visible via Contacts page
DescriptionI've just updated to a copy of Master downloaded from the main repository yesterday. I now find that the Contacts page displays only a couple of contacts (not from my company, but owned by me), but the full set of contacts for any company still appear on the contacts tab of any company entry.

I'm guessing that the "Select all contacts and display them here" code for the Contacts page has a filter on it somewhere that shouldn't be there?

I can't see any obvious link between the two contacts I see when veiwing "All Contacts" - one is added relatively recently and the other a few months ago. Both are owned by me, but there are dozens of contacts owned by me.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

~0002843

simonnzg (reporter)

I see, looking on github, I think the commit https://github.com/web2project/web2project/commit/44dbed856b03c9d944a106d70ac787552a268da4 has modified the Contacts module to only get contacts with NO company, rather than get contacts REGARDLESS of whether they have a company or not. Am I right?

~0002844

carlosazevedo (reporter)

I have corrected this bug in my (hopefully temporary) fork of the W2P code. You can find it at https://github.com/carlosazevedo/web2project/commit/afa0ca6ed588c691160154424ec24cc0d821688f

~0002845

simonnzg (reporter)

Thanks! I'll slip that fix into my existing setup and see how I get on.

~0002846

caseydk (administrator)

Here's the fix already merged into core:
https://github.com/web2project/web2project/commit/44dbed856b03c9d944a106d70ac787552a268da4

~0002849

simonnzg (reporter)

No, that's the fix that broke it. Somehow, and I'm unable to tell you why, it makes the contacts module ONLY select contacts with no company.

~0002851

caseydk (administrator)

I have 2400+ contacts in my dev system and I have all of them - company or not - displayed on the Contact List.

~0002859

simonnzg (reporter)

Just applied Carlos' lines of fix code to my test system and I have all my contacts back. I'll attempt to find out what caused them to disappear and report back.

~0002860

simonnzg (reporter)

Last edited: 2013-03-17 05:11

OK. Bear with me: I can just about follow what's going on here, but it's still a foreign language and I'm missing important insights due to not knowing much about the syntax.

Going back to the https://github.com/web2project/web2project/commit/44dbed856b03c9d944a106d70ac787552a268da4 code, on line 463 is:
"$q2->addWhere('company_id IS NULL')" - If I change to "IS NOT NULL" I get all the contacts reapper that have a company attached to them, but those without a company disappear (as you would expect). If I leave it as "IS NULL" I only get those contacts that do not have a company.

The next line seems to be merging $q1 and $q2 if not already in $q1, but it seems to be exluding the contents of $q1 if they are also not in $q2, if you see what I mean. I could also be breaking $q2 so only $q1 is considered, of course.

carlosazevedo's approach is completely different, and I'm having trouble following what he's done, but it seems to work for me.

~0002873

caseydk (administrator)

Resolved as described: https://github.com/web2project/web2project/commit/fe4a8166383c7bd098b4290e34d88dbcdc4e4a43
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2013-03-08 03:18 simonnzg New Issue
2013-03-13 02:32 simonnzg Note Added: 0002843
2013-03-13 07:09 carlosazevedo Note Added: 0002844
2013-03-13 13:34 simonnzg Note Added: 0002845
2013-03-13 22:04 caseydk Note Added: 0002846
2013-03-13 22:04 caseydk Status new => resolved
2013-03-13 22:04 caseydk Resolution open => fixed
2013-03-13 22:04 caseydk Assigned To => caseydk
2013-03-14 00:28 simonnzg Note Added: 0002849
2013-03-14 00:28 simonnzg Status resolved => feedback
2013-03-14 00:28 simonnzg Resolution fixed => reopened
2013-03-16 20:33 caseydk Note Added: 0002851
2013-03-16 20:33 caseydk Status feedback => resolved
2013-03-16 20:33 caseydk Resolution reopened => fixed
2013-03-17 01:43 simonnzg Note Added: 0002859
2013-03-17 01:43 simonnzg Status resolved => feedback
2013-03-17 01:43 simonnzg Resolution fixed => reopened
2013-03-17 02:34 simonnzg Note Added: 0002860
2013-03-17 05:09 simonnzg Note Edited: 0002860
2013-03-17 05:11 simonnzg Note Edited: 0002860
2013-03-30 12:51 caseydk Note Added: 0002873
2013-03-30 12:51 caseydk Status feedback => resolved
2013-03-30 12:51 caseydk Resolution reopened => fixed
2013-08-28 11:14 caseydk Fixed in Version => 3.0.0
2013-08-28 11:17 caseydk Status resolved => closed
+Issue History