2017-11-20 05:18 PST

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000245v1.2 Release (Closed)[All Projects] Generalpublic2009-12-08 19:10
Reporterlaussetdelon 
Assigned Topedroa 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version1.2 
Summary0000245: UTF8 handling errors
DescriptionI've noticed several place where UTF8 id not correctly handled (French)

- Assignees field in calendar tooltips
- In reports (PDF or html)
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

~0000429

laussetdelon (reporter)

Same thing in the calendar used to choose a date (in task for exemple). see pic attached

~0000471

caseydk (administrator)

Could you upgrade to v1.1 (released today) and see if these issues are still present? We did quite a bit of cleanup on the utf-8 side of things.

Thanks.

~0000472

laussetdelon (reporter)

Last edited: 2009-09-14 14:29

I installed and tested but UTF8 problem described are still in
User name in French (ie S├ębastien ...) still not correctly displayed in calendar tooltip

~0000489

laussetdelon (reporter)

Corrected for tooltips

in /modules/calendar/links_task.php

line 154,

replace $tt .= $user;
by $tt .= utf8_decode($user);

~0000490

pedroa (administrator)

Hi laussetdelon,

1st) Tooltips:
Thanks for your patch, but that's not the right way of fixing this.
The problems is really on mysqls side.
You see, that piece of information is gathered on mysql side as a concatenation, and when mysql concatenates the first and last name of the contact and then the percent of assignment and the % sign, it gets confused with the encoding and sends the data badly encoded.
Basically, I made it so it retrieves the data in two separate fields and then have PHP do the concatenation.
That way we don't go the utf_decode way, which can be a pain later on.

2nd pop-up Calendars:
I have updated the lib/jscalendar/lang/ files so they now are UTF-8 ready.

3rd PDFs) The reports module will be upgraded to something new, so I'll just forget about this right now. We may get back to it, once the reports are converted.

Thanks for reporting,

Pedro A.
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-09-09 06:59 laussetdelon New Issue
2009-09-09 15:45 laussetdelon File Added: tooltip.jpg
2009-09-09 15:48 laussetdelon File Added: coming task - pdf.jpg
2009-09-09 15:53 laussetdelon File Added: calendar.jpg
2009-09-09 15:53 laussetdelon Note Added: 0000429
2009-09-10 09:05 caseydk Note Added: 0000471
2009-09-10 09:05 caseydk Status new => feedback
2009-09-11 03:07 laussetdelon Note Added: 0000472
2009-09-14 14:29 laussetdelon Note Edited: 0000472
2009-09-15 06:51 laussetdelon Note Added: 0000489
2009-09-15 09:04 caseydk Project Pending Requests => v1.2 Release (Closed)
2009-09-17 08:38 pedroa Status feedback => resolved
2009-09-17 08:38 pedroa Resolution open => fixed
2009-09-17 08:38 pedroa Assigned To => pedroa
2009-09-17 08:38 pedroa Note Added: 0000490
2009-12-08 19:10 caseydk Status resolved => closed
2009-12-08 19:10 caseydk Fixed in Version => 1.2
+Issue History