2018-07-21 23:57 PDT

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0000317v1.2 Release (Closed)[All Projects] Generalpublic2009-12-08 19:03
Reporteregemme 
Assigned Tocaseydk 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version1.2 
Summary0000317: Javascript doesn't like apostrophe in project name
DescriptionHaving apostrophe in the project name causes java script to raise a ';' expected error. This happens because of oldProj java script variable and whenever an apostrophe exists in project name, gives something like:

var oldProj = 'L'Union-vie:';

In french, usage of apostrophe being common, this happens frequently that a project name will contain one, as the task names as well.
TagsNo tags attached.
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

~0000611

caseydk (administrator)

Which page(s) does this happen on?

Thanks.

~0000612

egemme (reporter)

This happens in the page next to the project selection in ProjectDesigner, which I would call: "the main ProjectDesigner work page". Just create yourself a project with an apostrophe in the name and choose it in the ProjectDesigner combo box and you should see the js error (yellow !).

~0000613

caseydk (administrator)

Are you seeing it in v1.1? I can't duplicate this one in the latest SVN version, so this may already be fixed.

If possible, please test using the latest nightly snapshot here - http://www.demval.com/ftp/ Thanks!

~0000614

egemme (reporter)

It's from SVN as of Sunday morning. Let me investigate the code where the JS comes from and come back to you. As of now, I only tracked the bug by looking at the page source from IE. It is reporting line 353 being in error and this refers to var oldProj as mentionned earlier.

~0000620

egemme (reporter)

FYI, I fixed this bug on my side by using addslashes function where oldProj is definied in index.php. This will do the job in the meantime.

~0000625

caseydk (administrator)

Resolved in r835 but not in the suggested way as addslashes isn't recommended for general usage;
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2009-11-29 05:40 egemme New Issue
2009-11-29 09:50 caseydk Note Added: 0000611
2009-11-29 18:29 egemme Note Added: 0000612
2009-11-29 21:52 caseydk Note Added: 0000613
2009-11-30 05:06 egemme Note Added: 0000614
2009-12-02 18:41 egemme Note Added: 0000620
2009-12-02 20:42 caseydk Status new => assigned
2009-12-02 20:42 caseydk Assigned To => caseydk
2009-12-06 16:29 caseydk Status assigned => resolved
2009-12-06 16:29 caseydk Resolution open => fixed
2009-12-06 16:29 caseydk Note Added: 0000625
2009-12-08 19:03 caseydk Status resolved => closed
2009-12-08 19:03 caseydk Fixed in Version => 1.2
+Issue History